Episode 35 - Bang 3:16: Oct '98
The Career of Stone Cold Steve Austin
Episode 35 - Bang 3:16: October ‘98
This week Mike & JV are covering the second half of October ‘98. Stone Cold has just been fired by Mr. McMahon for not following Vince’s orders to raise the hand of a new WWF Champion at Judgment Day. The next night Stone Cold has plans for Mr. McMahon, which includes a knife, a hunting bow, and a gun. The following week Stone Cold is going to further drive a wedge between the McMahon family.
Here is an episode breakdown of our discussion points & Audio Clips: (Network Timestamps Included)
- Raw 282 - 10/19/98 - McMahon’s Celebration (0:00:00 - 0:12:55)
- Raw 282 - 10/19/98 - Audio: Mr. McMahon Promo (0:05:06 - 0:11:39)
- Raw 282 - 10/19/98 - Austin spotted by undercover police (0:21:28 - 0:23:35)
- Raw 282 - 10/19/98 - The Stooges leaves McMahon alone to go get coffee. (0:27:57-0:29:00)
- Raw 282 - 10/19/98 - (0:44:12- 0:49:11) - Phone Call to Vince’s Office
- Raw 282 - 10/19/98 - Audio: 01:05:08 - 01:07:51 - McMahon Oinks
- Raw 282 - 10/19/98 - Audio: 01:16:55 - 01:18:51 You Bet Your Life
- Raw 282 - 10/19/98 - Audio: Austin & McMahon - Bang 3:16 (01:31:04 - 01:36:17)
- Raw 282 - 10/19/98 - Side Notes
- Recap Sunday Night Heat 13 - 10/25/98
- Raw 283 - 10/26/98 - Audio: Mr. McMahon Promo (0:02:43 - 0:07:48)
- Raw 283 - 10/26/98 - Audio: Michael Cole Backstage Interview with Stone Cold (0:21:45 - 0:22:12)
- Raw 283 - 10/26/98 - Audio: Austin Promo (0:38:56 - 0:41:21)
- Raw 283 - 10/26/98 - Audio: McMahon & Austin Promo Part II (0:41:22 - 0:45:01)
- Raw 283 - 10/26/98 - Audio Part III: Shane McMahon (0:45:02 - 0:49:40)
- Raw 283 - 10/26/98 - Match: I Quit Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Ken Shamrock (IC Champion) (01:26:24 - 01:32:40)
- Raw 283 - 10/26/98 - Side Notes
- House Show Rundown
- “Oh Hell Yeah” Moment of the Week
- “Oh Hell No” Moment of the Week
- Next Week: Wednesday, June 12, 2019- Episode 36 - November ‘98
- Podcast Plugs (Talking Taker & Booking the Territory: The Unprofessional Wrestling Podcast, Extreme ECW Live Cast)
- Social Media Plugs
Talking Taker: If you like what we do here with Stone Cold's career check out our “brother” podcast, "Talking Taker", Alex & Travis are "digging up" the career of the Undertaker. They are a ways in at this point, go back into their archives and explore the 90's run of the Deadman.
Booking the Territory: The Unprofessional Wrestling Podcast: Mike Mills, along with his hilarious & informative team of Doc Turner & Hardbody Harper break down episodes of NWA WCW Saturday Night from 85-88 and Smoky Mountain Wrestling from the start in 1992 and they are currently in 1994.
This week on the NWA WCW episode they will be covering the NWA WCW from 02/06/88. On the SMW Show they will be covering 11/12/94 Ep 145
Join the Booking the Territory Patreon Page at Patreon.com/BookingTheTerritory at the $5 to join JV & Mike on their new venture, *Extreme ECW Live Cast. *
Mike & JV will be doing Watch Along Live Commentary coverage of ECW Hardcore TV, Episode 3 & 4 from April 20 & 27, 1993. Check it out! Now available!
Special thanks to Erica Batton @erica_prime for letting us use her excellent artwork for this week’s episode.
Please reach out and support us on Twitter & Facebook @bottomlinecast
Please take the time to Subscribe and give us a Five Star Rating on Itunes!
Feel free to make suggestions and chat with us, at @MPRU83 & @JOHNVANDAMAGE
Thank you for listening!
Find out more at https://bottomlinecast.pinecast.co
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/bottomlinecast/46eb1ad3-42f7-4432-89bc-02b12270c7e3
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.